Introduction to OPENSTACK
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW OPENSTACK TRAINING DATES/LOCATIONS
This is a 1-day introductory class, where attendees will be able to understand the different parts that make up OpenStack and learn why it has become such a fundamental piece in Data Center environments. Presented by an experienced instructor with field experience, discussions are guaranteed to be lively and informative.
By taking this course, attendees will be able to:
1. Understand the context where OpenStack is used.
2. Describe the different components that make up OpenStack.
3. Create and manage tenants and users.
4. Discuss how OpenStack can integrate into an SDN solution.
This course is aimed at network engineers and architects, software developers, sales personnel and anyone interested in understanding OpenStack.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of networking and be able to identify the shortcomings of managing a virtualized environment in a Data Center scenario.
Module 1: Introduction/Agenda
• Company introduction
• Attendee introductions
Module 2: Basic tenets of Cloud Computing
• The idea behind Cloud Computing
• The history of Cloud Computing
• Identifying valid use cases for Cloud Computing
Module 3: OpenStack Primer
• The history of the OpenStack Project
• The OpenStack core components
Module 4: OpenStack Identity (Keystone)
• Configuration and configuration file overview
• Using the Keystone userland binary:
• Adding and deleting tenants and users
• Adding, deleting and modifying endpoints
• Working with Keystone’s permission policy engine
Module 5: OpenStack ImageService (Glance)
• Setting up Glance API / Glance Registry
• Adding images to Glance
Module 6: OpenStack Networking (Neutron)
& Software Defined Networking (SDN)
• Cloud networking basics
• Software-defined networking using Open vSwitch
• Configuration and configuration file structure of Neutron
Module 7: OpenStack Volume (Cinder)
• Cinder basic functionality
• Configuration file structure
• Available Cinder backends
Module 8: OpenStack Compute (Nova)
• OpenStack Nova basic ideas
• Configuration and configuration file structure
• The integration of Nova with the Cinder volume service
Module 9: The OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon)